Good morning Everyone,

Since we were on the topic of “giving” yesterday, I thought you would love to see my “little man” who teaches me all about giving and re-giving and then giving some more (did I mention he has this thing called “giving” all down?).




When I was married and we were thinking of names for our children, Nikko would have been our son’s name. Only Nikko never came… and perhaps today I’m not the young spring chicken I used to be and a son might be out of the question at this time.

So when I was on my way to meet this little guy for the first time, I prayed for three signs that he was to come home with me.

1. We would instantly bond
2. He had not been named yet
3. The people knew his exact birth date

What a list of demands! (PS: I am learning that in order to receive I must be clear about what I want.)

When I entered their house, four adult King Charles Cavaliers tackled me and little Nikko, who was only 12 weeks old at that time, tried to get in between them to give me a “dog facial” too. When he finally succeeded he was so exited he peed all over himself and squealed of joy. He was nameless and they knew his birth date. You may ask yourself why I had such a demanding list for my new companion. There was a grander purpose, I wanted to name him using numerology, which I could only do if I had his exact birth date. Little did I know that Nikko, my would-have-been-son’s name is the perfect numerology sequence for my little puppy. Voila: a miracle stands before me.

"So what do dogs have in common with food and success?" you might ask.

Did you ever notice that right after your dog eats he brings you a toy because he wants to play (children are the same in that sense)? We on the other hand stuff ourselves full, unzip the button and want to lay down for a nap – never in a million years do we want to go play right after we eat. For those of you who have dogs you know how giving and loyal these animals are. I thank Nikko every day for being in my life and for being so selfless and such a great role model to me. He loves the simple life: cuddles, playing and food make him happy.

Children are different in this department, and how they relate to food is what we’ll talk about tomorrow.

Have an amazing day! And don’t forget to eat just enough so you feel happy and content and ready to play right after your meal…

0 Responses

Post a Comment