Do you ever feel so down that you just want to dump on a friend, hoping that it’ll get better? Yet you realize that while you may be feeling better after you “vomited” your sorrows all over her as if she was a garbage can, that the problem actually multiplied rather than disappeared?

I have noticed over and over again in my life that when things go wrong, the first thing I want to do is to call a friend and tell them about it, dump, vent and get advice from my friend. Yet when I learned to go inward and present the challenge to my Higher Self, asking my Higher Self to take over and to transmute the challenge into a blessing, then I come out of it renewed with strength and with the exact answer to the solution. And I spared a friend unnecessary heartache to fix my problem that was never hers to fix in the first place.

Christian Larson would say it this way: “Never think or speak of that which you do not wish to happen. The whine, the sting, and the sigh – these three must never appear in a single thought or a single word.

“You can win ten times as many friends by talking happiness as you can by talking trouble. And the more real friends you have the less trouble you will have.

“Speak well of everything good you find and mean it. When you find what you do not like keep quiet. The less you think or speak of what you do not like the more you have of what you do like.

“Magnify the good; emphasize that which has worth; and talk only of those things that should live and grow.

“When you have something good to say, say it. When you have something ill to say, say something else.”
1 Response
  1. stradasphere Says:

    Often when I am down...I come here!! And, yes, I should go "higher" I honestly believe I as led here by a Higher Being, Self, whatever you want to call it. I love that you are here.

    Love and light!
    Lionel


Post a Comment