And my final words from Christian Larson:

“Thus sings the poet, and we call him sentimental; that is, at first thought we do. But upon second thought we change our minds. We then find that faults and defects are always in the minority, and that the larger part of human nature is so wonderful and so beautiful that it needs must inspire admiration and love in everybody. With all their defects there is nothing more interesting than human beings; and the reason is that for every shortcoming in man there are thousand admirable qualities. The poet, being inspired by the sublime vision of truth, can see this; therefore, what can he do but love? Whenever his eyes are lifted and whenever his thoughts take wings, his soul declares with great eloquence than every before, “What a piece of work is man!” Thus every moment renews his admiration, and every thought rekindles the fire of his love.”
1 Response
  1. stradasphere Says:

    Because I posted on the previous one first...I could barely read this without breaking out into tears of joy. Yes, I am a poet. You are one. We all should be.

    You made my day
    While you are so far away
    Your physical touch, I may never know
    Yet I know, you've touched my soul

    I think that says it all.

    Love,
    Lionel


Post a Comment