So there I was, laying on my death bed, waiting to die of lymphoma, barely able to crawl to the bathroom, stuck in a marriage that had rotted away a long time ago, and trapped in a body that seemed to have given up on wanting to live. Even my spirits had come to an acceptance that my physical life had come to an end; my little 2 year old daughter would not remember her mommy as she was growing up – I was forced to come to peace with that, and I did. I said: “Until death do us apart,” and I was about to bring glory to that promise and there was a sense of peace, in a sick kind of way.

I asked one last question: “Was this really what my life was all about?”

And it suddenly hit me. I don’t know how and why, and it doesn’t matter. The answer came in form of a little flicker if you will. Suddenly I just knew that this was not all my life was to be about. I had missed my purpose and I was not done yet, in fact, I was far from being done and I had a long road ahead of me.

A new sense of desire emerged. A desire to “find out” and “inquire” about life, to ask questions and to get answers. And I got them. The more I asked, the more answers I was given. The more answers I was given the clearer life’s directions became. It was glorious!

Here is the first thing I did, a little trick that may take a guts, and if you can muster up the courage to do this exercise and then tackle these things one by one, your life will change for the better without a doubt.

1. First make a list of all your fears.
2. Then number them with your worst fear being number one.
3. Make a decision to tackle each fear one by one, until that three-headed monster has been conquered.
4. Then emerse yourself in your fear until you love the thing you once fear most.

I personally decided to tackle the first three biggest fears rather than picking some of the smaller fears at the end of the list. And there is a reason for this, which I will share with you in part 3 of this article. It took me 1 year to overcome these three fears and then a miracle happened!

Stay tuned for part 3 of this article where I will not only share with you what my all time biggest fears were, I will also share with you how life changed so dramatically afterwards.
0 Responses

Post a Comment