Franklin Roosevelt said: “Freedom from fear, freedom from want, freedom of speech, freedom of religion; Deprive man of all these freedoms and he dies – deprive him of part of them and a part of him withers.”

To that I might add that if a person’s health is deteriorating, he’s been stripped of just about anything that may bring the want and desire to even live on. I remember being so ill and feeling so sick most of my days and nights that I could care less what I looked like, what impressions I made to others, what was to come of me in life, I just didn’t have an ounce of life left in me that would give me enough strength to even care. Yes, at first I felt guilty for not having enough strength to cook a good dinner for my husband and for not having the strength to read a book to my child. After a while the guilt left because crawling to the bathroom became the highlight of my day.

Yes, when you’re feeling that sick and life seems to be zapped from your body – how can you truly let that light in you shine through you and radiate and touch others?

It seems like an impossibility!

And yet here I am, more than a decade later to tell you about it, to encourage you not to give up but to find healing from within. You’ve been given everything you ever needed to live a glorious and happy life. We are told that the kingdom of heaven is within. Yet we teach children that heaven is “up there” by pointing to the sky. It truly is within and that’s the only place you need to look for answers on how to heal. The best part is, you don’t even have to do the healing yourself, your amazing body was created to heal itself, all you have to do is tap into that light energy and allow it to start the healing process once again.

For me personally I realized that I was so sick because I was running from my true purpose. And in a way I was running away from my calling just like Jonah was running from God in the other direction. Disobedience caused him (and many others) lots of grief. And in the end he had to go about his purpose anyway. We only have two directions to run towards: one is towards the light and the other towards the darkness. I didn’t feel at first that I was running towards the darkness, in fact I felt as though I was stagnant or suspended in slow motion. I just felt like life was unfair. Once I admitted that there is a purpose out there for me and that I had not experienced or fulfilled it as of yet, and I agreed to go after it no matter what, only then was I shown one little step at a time towards the healing process. It was a slow process that took 4 years all together. Don't dispair, just get started by being willing.

Seek and you shall find. We were promised that and the promise holds true for everyone! Just remember that you don't need to seek “out there” but “in here.” You are all-wise, all-knowing and your body is here to be your greatest ally.

Here is to your healing, your well-being and your purpose!
0 Responses

Post a Comment