Life is not always as predictable as we want it to be. These past few days have been interesting to say the least, and the word “interesting” doesn’t even scratch the surface in reality. A friend of mine was scheduled for surgery on her foot this morning. She won’t be able to walk for at least 6 weeks and recovery will be a long and tedious road for her. She has a lovely dog who just happens to be my dog’s best friend. Her dog sitting arrangements didn’t pan out the way she wanted them to, and I unexpectedly volunteered to be the back-up plan in case of anything unforeseen. Having two one-year old dogs is like having two-year olds running around without their diapers on, with nothing on mind other than to rip apart their toys. In other words, they constantly have to be watched because they are getting into everything. And yet they are a great joy and bring so many smiles.

After dropping off my friend at the hospital to have her surgery, I got on the freeway where I soon saw 4 police cars on the side of the road. I saw a pick-up truck in the ditch in the bushes and a body on the side of the road on a stretcher, covered in white plastics (it’s raining today). This person didn’t make it.

How fast does life pass by! Perhaps this person was just on the way for lunch or to run an errand. Whatever the case, people will be called to be informed that their loved one will not be coming home tonight, or any other night for that matter.

And there I was complaining about the uncomfortable appointment I was going to. Seeing this dead body on the side of the road brought me back to the harsh reality – life is fleeting indeed.

I’d like to recommend you go see the movie called “The Bucket List.” At first I thought it was a comedy, and in a way it is because it made the audience laugh and smile, that’s for sure. However, the laughs and smiles didn’t come from funny stories as much as they came from the truth of how fleeting life truly is.

Live life to the fullest, now and always, no matter where you’re heading. You never know if your next ride is your last…

Many blessings to you and your loved ones.
1 Response
  1. kamdou Says:

    Very interesting site that I find rich, pleasant and well organized!
    Honour for me if you include it in my "Multilingual" topliste Panorama
    http://everyoneweb.fr/topliste
    or to participate in the "multilingual forum Panorama"

    http://panorama.monforum.com

    Best continuation!
    Sincerrely Yours! Kamdou


Post a Comment