Christian Larson says: "Dream constantly of the ideal; work ceaselessly to perfect that real. Believe in yourself; believe in everybody; believe in all that has existence. Give the body added strength; give the mind added brilliancy; give the soul added inspiration. Do your best under every circumstance, and believe that every circumstance will give its best to you. Live for the realization of more life and for the more efficient use of everything that proceeds from life. Desire eternally what you want; and act always as if every expectation were coming true."

One of the hardest things for me is to hold a thought for a prolonged period of time. I heard that the average person can hold a thought for 2 seconds max. I also heard that in order for a thought to sink to our subconscious, it will have to be concentrated on for at least 17 seconds. We have much to learn. I have much to learn.

I have taken it upon myself to "watch myself and my thoughts" before I go to sleep and I'm amazed at how chaotic these thoughts are. While most of them are positive, they are incomplete and one thought has nothing to do with the next thought, some are chopped half way through, then there is a big gap right before several thoughts rush through again. Quite fascinating and also disturbing at the same time.

I am realizing that my ego has one job: to keep me alive and to keep me busy with DOING.

If I can manage to quiet my thoughts and to manage my thoughts by holding on to a deliberate thought with purpose, then my ego quiets itself and I am at peace.

I am learning that either my ego manages me or I can learn to manage my ego. I prefer to be in charge, not only of my body, but especially of my thoughts.

I hope these words from Christian Larson help you as well!
2 Responses
  1. stradasphere Says:

    We are in tune yet again, my friend. I was just starting to read Eckhart Tolle's "Practicing the Power of Now" and he speaks to that exact point about ego...he talks about finding a gap of "no-mind" in which resides peace. I wish all of it for you.

    Light and love, and how about some nice music thrown in.
    Namaste
    Lionel


  2. Chaszey Says:

    Thank you fro the wishes, as always! And yes, I'd love some music thrown in...

    Chaszey :-)


Post a Comment