Ah, I so enjoyed myself to have a first date in so many years. I was watching my thoughts throughout the day to see if I was sabotaging myself by thinking negative thoughts, and I have to admit, I definitely caught myself thinking thoughts like: "I wonder if he'll show up." "He'll probably be late." "He won't like me for whatever reason."

Just stupid thoughts that are so very counter productive. Each time I thought a negative thought, I nipped it in the bud and immediately confirmed: "I'm a child of God and all is well."

So yes, he was a little late after all, but he called beforehand. I so appreciated that! Mind you, he lives an hour away and came over during rush hour traffic.

The strangest thing happened during our dinner. The gentleman next to us was eaves-dropping on our conversation and eventually interrupted our discussion by giving his 2 cents of input. Then when my date went to the restroom, the gentleman who interrupted us previously, handed me a note telling me that he went to the cash register to write this note and I should read it when I get home. Weird!? Yes, to say the least. And definitely gutsy.

Our date lastet 3 hours and we had great conversation. One of the main reasons I was attracted to him is because he's been single for the last 3 years after coming out of a relationship, which changed his life quite a bit. There is nothing more attractive to me than a guy who knows what he wants and understands that he cannot grow himself with someone else dangling on him, a guy who chooses time alone to figure out who he is rather than hopping from relationship to the next. There is nothing more of a turn off to me than a guy who constantly needs to be with a woman, a girl friend, a friend with benefits, or his buddies, a guy that can't be alone for fear he would drown in silence. In short, a guy who sells out.

He restored my faith on many levels because he is such a nice, nice guy with a side to him that is so endearing and heart warming. And still, there is no match for me for many reasons and on many levels. And that's okay.

As far as the note is concerned, it read: "I'm sorry to meet you this way. You seem like a good woman who is warm and kind hearted. Please call me. Name and phone number." And no, I won't call because he was disrespectful to me and my date...

Today I have to muster up the courage and the right words to pass on to my date that there won't be a second date. It's because of this that I have refused to date in the past - and I just have to get this lesson. Please say a prayer for him that he'll be okay.

Have a great and awesome day today!
1 Response
  1. stradasphere Says:

    The note guy sounds creepy!! Well, even though there won't be another date, I am happy to hear you had a good time. With all you have been through, especially lately, you deserve it!!

    Lionel


Post a Comment