I am not much for whining, sighing or suffering in general, but as of lately I have to admit that my feelings are getting hurt easier than when I was younger. My threshold for pain, both physical and emotional, is declining as I get older, whereas with most people they can endure more pain. Not for me! I haven't quite figured out why this is. But I will continue to search my soul. In the meantime I hope Christian Larson's words are as healing to you as they are to me:

“Remove the sting; remove the whine; remove the sigh. They are your enemies. They are never conducive to happiness; and we all live to gain happiness, to give happiness. From every word remove the sting. Speak kindly. To speak kindly and gently to everybody is the mark of a great soul. And it is your privilege to be a great soul. From the tone of your voice remove the whine. Speak with joy. Never complain. The more you complain, the smaller you become, and the fewer will be your friends and opportunities. Speak tenderly, speak sweetly, speak with love. From all the outpourings of your heart, remove the sigh. Be happy and contented always. Let your spirit sing, let your heart dance, let your soul declare the glory of existence, for truly life I beautiful. Every sigh is a burden, a self-inflicted burden. Every whine is a maker of trouble, a forerunner of failure. Every sting is a destroyer of happiness, a dispenser of bitterness. To live in the world of sighs is to be blind to everything that is rich and beautiful. The more we sigh, the less we live, for every sigh leads to weakness, defeat, and death. Remove the sting, remove the whine, remove the sigh. They are not your friends. There is better company waiting for you.” (yes, that's what I'm talking about!)
2 Responses
  1. stradasphere Says:

    Perhaps,the walls of protection you (and all of us) you had up before you started to become enlightened has made you more tender and thus, things hurt more because you care more...maybe?? I don't know but that thought just came to me.

    I hope you have a wonderful sting-free, whine-free, and sigh-free weekend!

    Peace,
    Lionel


  2. Chaszey Says:

    Your words make totally sense - thank you so much for sharing and making me laugh with the weekend free from stings, whines and sighs!

    Love,
    Chaszey


Post a Comment