Nelson Mandela gave a speech in 1994, which was written by Marianne Williamson. The first time I heard it, it was as if finally someone understood my fears and had the courage to put them on paper. It was then that I realized that it was not failure that scares most people, because most people are so familiar with the monster "failure," but that it was success that was most frightening to us, because it was the unknown and the insecure and the "what if."

To this day I have to read this portion over and over again, to keep reminding myself that I have a light to shine for all to see, so their paths can be illumined. May these words below soothe you and spur you on let go of all the non-beneficial and let shine from within you all the good that you are - because you are simply magnificant!

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
3 Responses
  1. stradasphere Says:

    Chaszey~!!! Our connection knows no bounds obviously as I have just read this same passage a few times in the past two days in different places!! Wow, what a rush!

    ...to keep reminding myself that I have a light to shine for all to see, so their paths can be illumined.

    You have illuminated my path so many times Chaszey! Looking back over the last couple of months I can see how my most recent journey to enlightenment has been illuminated by you...it started by me watching The Secret a while back...within a few weeks I came, or was led to your site...

    You shine a most beautiful light...brilliant, radiant, wonderful...I am so grateful for you!

    Love,
    Lionel


  2. Chaszey Says:

    You are so special to me and thank you so much once again for giving, giving and giving some more. I do my best to let my light shine every day. Sometimes it's harder than other times, but it's nonetheless a daily goal. I am learning that hiding that lampstand under my bed is not doing anyone good. I think training the women I have has helped me on my journey because I see these women full of barriers who come far distances to come to class and they overcome many obstacles each time, yet they continue to sacrafice and come and they have changed and grown so much. And you have grown a tremendous amount too! And I just feel honored to walk along side your path for how ever long. Thank you for allowing me to be in your life in such a distant and indirect, yet such a direct way!

    Much love to you,
    Chaszey


  3. stradasphere Says:

    I hope you have the most wonderful and magical weekend! Yes, keep that lampstand shining!! I know I always say this, but I won't stop! You have lit, and continue to light my life constantly!!

    The three Ls for you!!


Post a Comment